Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have 2 OBD II scanners, one is a iCarsoft i980 for

Customer Question

I have 2 OBD II scanners, one is a iCarsoft i980 for Mercedes-Benz and the other is a Creader Professional CRP 123. Both of these are high diagnostic scanners, however I can't find the ENGINE feature for crank position sensor relearn. Can't find it in the manual and customer service is about non existent. Does anyone know how I access these features?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you go into engine section on the scan tool is there a function or actuation or relearn that you can see at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

No sir, not on either one. How do I even get to the ENGINE section, all I see is OBD, Scan and help. I see everything but "ENGINE "

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Hey if you don't have a answer, it's okay, I can resubmit this question to someone else. I do appreciate your recent assistance in all of this.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Can you please give this question to someone else. Thank you.

Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello, i believe i can help,i do not have a icarsoft personally but i am sure i can help you navigate to the proper section, it would be best if we start with the icarsoft, then upload a picture of the home screen and we can go from there, unless you have a iphone or skype we can facetime or skype and i can walk you through it to see if the scanner has that function , i have worked with you before and i hope you feel i can be of service., i am still confident that the reset will fix the misfires. Let me know. Lou P

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Yeah Lou, I didn't know I would have asked you first about this. I did take the car to Mercedes-Benz and their diagnostic revealed that both the cat converters needs to be replaced. They was is completely clogged and the other coming off.

oh wow, usually if the cat is the issue they rattle because the internals are loose, that is crazy man. so are they fixing them?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

That's what that noise is!!! Every time I accelerate I get this rattling noise I didn't know where it was coming from sounded like something loose, but I didn't connected to the cat issue. The cost of repair is $1300 for both sides parts and labor.

AH, :)

at least now you have closure to 2 issues !

yeah converters are expensive man, as you already know. heck if i had known you had a rattling noise we would have had this figured weeks ago.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Hey I knew you would have, but for the sake of common sense I don't why I didn't put 2 and 2 together. Actually I thought it was just something came loose and I kept meaning to check it, but I had all this other stuff going on in was trying to figure out. Sorry man.

no worries, but the converter will come loose and clog the flow and cause misfires along the bank that is affected :(

i will add this to the list of questions to ask when diagnosis over the internet :)