MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

I have a 1999 Mercedes A160 and the key is stuck in the

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Mercedes A160 and the key is stuck in the ignition
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Is this the mechanical key blade in the key cylinder slot or an electrical key in the rectangular ignition slot?

Does the key turn on and does the engine start at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the engine does start
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Is this a metal key blade or the electronic type key?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Rectangular key slot and the engine does start
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

O.k.,looking at my info on this model here unfortunately it does not cover the key part on this system you have.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello i can try to help, what is your vin number please?