Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Keyless go button does not start car. 2004 e55 Has been this

Customer Question

keyless go button does not start car.

2004 e55

Has been this way since customer purchased vehicle 1.5 years ago. Vehicle will not start, and only both rear doors automatically unlock/lock. The front doors do not work, and the passenger side switch on the inside of the handle takes a bit more pressure to make it click, the other three click with nearly no effort. I have new xentry star das, dont know how to use it well yet, but i did scan the keyless go module for codes and did all the tests i could think of but it passes all of them. The antenna check test seems to pass but it takes quite a while (3-4 minutes). The keyless start button does not respond to being pressed. The current, only key I have shows on key track 3, and it is the only key track with anything on it out of the 8

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing to do here if this has not been done already is to have the fuses checked to make sure all fuses are o.k. in all fuse panels.If there is one or more blown fuses the affected fuses will need replaced to resolve this issue here.If all fuses have been checked already and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete