Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

I have a 99 Mercedes ML230. The ac compressor wont kick in.

Customer Question

I have a 99 Mercedes ML230. The ac compressor wont kick in. The fuse keeps burning out that serves the ac compressor. I put a bigger fuse in and smoke started coming from the left side of the motor so i pulled it out. Any suggestions on what it could be that is stopping the ac compressor from kicking on? How do i test the clutch?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In some cases this can be due to a fault with the ac compressor itself at fault.The clutch may be shorted.Can you tell me what fuse in what location so I can look up the correct info on this fuse?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK thanks i will check and get back to you.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Your welcome.Let me know what you come up with here.If you can tell me the fuse info this will help.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm still trying to get fuse number. Every time I go to check my wife is out with it.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

No problem.Let me know when you can on this as this will help.

Thanks Pete