FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Ac works,then air stops commons out vents. Lowering temp, no

Customer Question

Ac works,then air stops commons out vents. Lowering temp, no effect. Go off auto, lower temp, increase blower speed and set for air todo out of main vents and get nothing. Can hear fan running. If I stop it may work properly for a while.bring it to Mercedes and everything check out ok. Doesn't happen often but seems to happen on trips or when the temp is in the 90's. 2007 550s
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** is typically caused by a programming issue in the HVAC module. Most of the time the dealer can just reprogram it and that will take care of the issue. I have seen some of these need a new module, but that is not too common. I know the dealer does not usually want to do this unless they see a problem so the fact that it is intermittent does not help. If you need further assistance please let me know.