Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

Mercedes clk320 a/c fan os always on, 2001, yes pulled the

Customer Question

mercedes clk320 a/c fan os always on
JA: What year is your CLK320?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes pulled the fuse
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the fan runs down the battery
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Just to be sure this is the fan on the inside of the vehicle am I correct and does it stay on with the key off as well?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

O.k.,your ac controller on the dash controls signals to the ac blower regulator.The regulator then turns on and off the fan as needed.The regulator can short out internally and cause this fault here with it needing replaced.This regulator is located under the dash on the passenger side attached to the blower motor housing.It plugs into the blower motor itself and should have 2 screws holding it in place.

This cover has to be removed

There are screws that need removed to remove it.

Then you can disconnect the blower motor connector and slide the catches over as shown in the diagram below (arrows) to then remove the cover over the blower motor and regulator to replace the regulator.

In some cases you can disable the blower by locating fuse 25 (30 amp fuse) and remove it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete