Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My 1995 SL600 will not start after setting for about 6

Customer Question

My 1995 SL600 will not start after setting for about 6 weeks. Turns over just fine but does not fire up. Can hear fuel pump running and have reason to believe this is directly connected to the key fob that is not working/ Replaced batteries in key fob but it does not light up when button is pressed/.
JA: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to fix it myself. Checked for fuel and added some fuel additive in case it was moisture in the fuel. Checked all fuses
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Had a strange occurance several weeks ago which did not let the car start but got it started by messing with the remote lock fob.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

if your key has the red lens at the tip you can press and hold the button and after a few seconds the light will flash inside the lens indicating the remote has power, try that first, next lock and unlock the car with the fob if you can or the metal key in the door and see if it will start, also check the dash to see if it says "start error"

then see if the car will start with starter fluid, that will tell me if we are missing fuel or spark.