MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a 2010 MB 450 GL and the back tailgate won't open. I

Customer Question

I have a 2010 MB 450 GL and the back tailgate won't open. I can hear it making a noise when I hit the button on my key or on the driers door, but nothing happens. I can't get it into the shop for 1 week and wanted to know if there was a way to manually open
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: no
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i just want to open it manually until i get it to the shop next week
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Hipo64 replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome to J,A, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question.

I just logged in and I noticed you question has not received an answer for long time.

To open Lift gate in this situation, someone must enter the trunk(cargo area) from inside the vehicle. Having flash light and flat screw driver will help you do the task. look at the centre lower part of trunk lift gate interior panel, you shell see a square plastic cover. pry out this cover and when you look inside you will see door latch mechanizm, there is small lever at bottom right, you just need to pressthe lever and it will unlock the tale gate.

Best Regards Pavlin