Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

MY 2005 SLK AMG TRUNK IS STUCK I RESET THE U STRIKER WHEN IT

Customer Question

MY 2005 SLK AMG TRUNK IS STUCK I RESET THE U STRIKER WHEN IT WOULDN'T CATCH NOW IT BINDS WITH PRESSURE
THE KEY FOB MOVES THE LOCK (A CLICKING SOUND) BUT THE TRUNK STILL WON'T OPEN I TRIED THE MANUAL KEY IN THE TRUNK AND NO LUCKIS THE ONLY WAY TO CUT A HOLE IN THE BACK OF THE TRUNK BY THE LICENSE PLATE AND REACH IN TO FREE THE MECHANICAL LOCK FROM THE U TYPE STRIKER ? THERE APPEARS TO BE NO ELECTRICAL OR BATTERY PROBLEM
JA: The Mercedes Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: key is fine and turns fine in the trunk socket Car drives fine and steering wheel is ok
JA: What is the model of your '05 Mercedes?
Customer: SLK AMG
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: USED MANUAL KEY IN TRUNK AND MOVED TRUNK LID UP AND DOWN WITH NO LUCK PRESSED THE MANUAL RELEASE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE TRUNK
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I ADJUSTED THE U STRIKER BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED AS THE TRUNK WOULD NOT STAY SHUT THIS ADJUSTMENT PROBABLY CAUSED THE PROBLEM (THE TRUNK WILL NOT OPEN) AS I PROBABLY OVER ADJUSTED THE U STRIKER THAT FITS INTO THE MECHANICAL MECHANISM
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

ok so just to be on the same page, for the rear lock , insert the key, turn it to the left to 11 oclock and while its turned , pull the trunk release handle on the trunk and it should pop open manually. let me know if this works.