Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

I have a 2004 e320 wagon. all of a sudden my turn signals

Customer Question

I have a 2004 e320 wagon. all of a sudden my turn signals don't work,horn doesn't work , cruise control won't activate and it says I have a corning light out.
JA: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: yes. first thing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, I know better than to fix it myself. I am just wondering how extensive the fix will be. How expensive is the part and labor
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if all of these went out at the exact same time?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As much as I can tell
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. I do not think that this is a switch issue. Most of the time it is a module problem. The front module can affect all of these at the same time. If that is what it is then you can expect to pay about $800 to have it replaced, but they should diagnose it first just in case it is just a bad connection.

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.
Hello my name is***** dealer technician. This was a common issue with poor wiring in the steering column that connects to the steering column control module. There was a campaign on this repair which is sorta like a recall but not safety related. If you post me your vin I can see if your car is still covered or if it has ever had it done. Campaigns are free for the customer and only valid if your car exhibits the same issues. So get me your vin and I'll check to see if you are still covered. Lou P.