Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Sprinter 2500 low beams don't work but high beam does. just

Customer Question

hi there
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: sprinter 2500 low beams don't work but high beam does.
JA: Have you checked the bulbs and fuses?
Customer: just replaced one of them about two weeks and now both do not work. I already checked the fuses are ok
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: about two weeks ago i replaced one of the bulbs. now both low beam lamps are not working but the high beam does work fine
JA: What is the model of your '500 Mercedes?
Customer: 2500 sprinter from 2013
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes fuses are oaky
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with the switch that switches from low to high beam as I have seen fail before in the past needing replaced.I have also seen issues with a low beam control relay as well.If you have a multi meter or test light to test electrical with I can try and walk you through some testing to see if we can pinpoint the fault just let me know.If you do not then the low beam circuit needs tested to see if this is a relay or control unit/ecu fault or the light dimmer switch itself.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete