Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

We have an 2006 E350 and while driving on the hwy, all on

Customer Question

We have an 2006 E350 and while driving on the hwy, all on the sudden all of the warning lights started coming in. The gas light, coolant light, abs, eps, as well as the check engine light. My son is driving the car heading to Lubbock and can't stop because he's in the middle of nowhere. He said the car is running ok, but he doesn't know how fast he is going because the MPH gauge isn't working either.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for the help.

you welcome

The battery and the alternator needs checking

this sounds like the battery or alternator went out and the car is running on the battery voltage what is left in it and the car will start shutting down unnecessary system to keep car running until the battery is out

hopefully he will get some where safe before it rans out

That is the only thing i can think off is happening ,with out a proper diagnostic scan on the vehicle

let him stop at the closest auto parts store and check battery and charging system , they will do it for free like advance or auto zone or any local parts store

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back & we will continue

If you are good , kindly rate me.

A Positive rating is much appreciated

This post will stay open for you even after you rate me for you to come back and ask any follow up question you may have on this issue

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Shouldn't a battery light or alternator light have come on at some point before this happened to let us know there was a problem?

1-yes it should show the failure prior , but not always they do, depends on the failure ,alternators do fail suddenly

2-now there is other possibility, but usually you cant have all these warning lights coming on and all these systems failing at same time,it has to be power related

from what you described to me he told you is happening.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
he said every gauge in the car stopped working all at the same time. The RPM and Speedometer also quit, as well as the temperature gauge and the gas gauge.

I know the problem can be checked easily with a voltmeter

but i understand he is far away and no stores available

worse case will be calling AAA but it is an electrical issue, I cant confirm it, because i m not close to it

but that is my experience from what is happening with it.

Chad

Let me know if you need anything else on it ,just rely back here & we can continue

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician