Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

The AC is not working, No, how do I do that? E350, 2011, I

Customer Question

The AC is not working
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: No, how do I do that?
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: E350, 2011
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything. Is this something that I can do myself. I am not much of a mechanic, though.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually what happens is the ac system can develop a leak leaking out the freon.In some cases your EC or economy mode may be stuck on because of this on the heater/ac system.

I have also seen issues with the evaporater temp sensor sending an incorrect signal needing replaced.

What has to be done here though since there are several reasons why the ac will quit on this model is to plug in a scan tool or dealers sds machine that will communicate with the heater/ac control and have the fault codes checked.There should be at least one fault code set that will help diagnose and locate the fault here.

If found to be low on freon (low charge/freon code) then the ac components under hood will need checked to see which component is leaking needing replaced then the freon refilled to correct this issue and the fault code cleared out with the scan tool from there.

But this will need checked into further to pinpoint which component is at fault then corrected from there.This is usually best done by a dealer with the correct scan tool or repair facility that has a scan tool for your model (european repair facility) and correct ac test equipment like ac pressure gauges to locate the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete