Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Not sure the batteries in the key remote look and smell as

Customer Question

Not sure the batteries in the key remote look and smell as if they got hot i had put them in new aprox. 4 weeks ago i went ahead and purchased to more new batteries installed them but the remote still does nothing no little red light nothing i only have that one key remote bought the car year ago may with out extra key remote in houston wondering whats my next move to remedy this problem
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the infa red light on the key remote
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 1999 E 320
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have no idea how to fix it myself i contacted dealer here in houston they tell inee to come in bring registration two forms of ID credit card that starts the process of obtaining nother key then after 2 ta 3 days key comes in iether bring car to them or they. Send a mobile tech here to program key is this what i need to do?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not sure I'm lookin for advice dont want to be taken advantage of by biein thats what needs to done and that turns out not to work
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello, if the key batteries are getting hot then the key is an issue, and yes in order to obtain a new key you need to verify proof of ownership and the keys come programmed for the car, the reason they need to send out a technician is to confirm that the key is in fact for the vin supplied, we have a huge rule on antitheft items and the dealership must always confirm ownership and that the new parts go in the specified cars. i hope this helps , Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.