Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have 2007 ml 350 did a maintence rest after that key

Customer Question

I have 2007 ml 350 did a maintence rest after that key stopped working it want turn in the ignition ... I changed battery still same problem
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try locking and unlocking the door with the key and see if it then works.If this is tried or was already tried check and see if the main vehicle battery had possibly died out.I have seen this occur before as well needing re charged.If the battery is o.k. and locking and unlocking does not resolve this issue here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The key is not working
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Are you saying the electronic key will not work to lock or unlock the vehicle using the lock and unlock buttons on it?

Do you have a second key to try at all?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yea the electronic key is not working ... And I don't have extra one .. The car will lock from inside but it seems the car is not reading key
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

O.k.,usually when the key itself will not work to lock or unlock the doors as well as not start the engine the fault is in the key itself.I have seen the keys fail on this model several times before in the past needing replaced.It may be a surge had occurred when it was in the ignition when the service reset was done that may have caused it to fail or it may be that it just failed out of coincedence and caused this issue here and needs replaced.

I do suspect the key needs replaced.There is no programming for this key here as they come pre programmed from a dealer order over night for your vehicles VIN number.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete