Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Cant get sprinter to start. def light --- 0 starts left.

Customer Question

cant get sprinter to start. def light --- 0 starts left. cant get it to reset
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: on the dash --- says 0 stars left and the def dummy light is on
JA: What year is your Sprinter?
Customer: 2013
JA: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have tried the turning key to on position pushing gas pedal down waiting 10 seconds. turn off turn on. push gas pedal twice thing no success
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just need to get on the road. the band im with has a show we need to get o to
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Once the remaining starts gets to 0 the only way to reset is to use a Mercedes scan tool and perform what's called SCN coding. This can only be done at a dealer. Sometimes you can get the dealer to come out and do a roadside assistance and perform this. But not always. This is the only way. Sorry this happened and hope you get back on the road soon but there is no way to do this without a Mercedes scan tool. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.