Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I have a 1997 Mercedes benz 500sl and need to know how to

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Mercedes benz 500sl and need to know how to re-connect the left drivers side spray line to the left headlamp spray nozzle
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting a reply ASAP

let me see what i have on it that can help you and i will post it back here

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK, thank you, ***** ***** new to this so please be patient and let me know if I deviate inappropriately. Thanks, ***** ***** Doug

hey angie & doug

no problem its all good :)

Chad

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that I will perhaps have your feedback in writing via our live chat, I would prefer to chat, unless a phone call will be followed with a 'step-by-step' detailed e-mail to our e-mail account which is "*****@******.***"?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you there.....

if the system showing a phone call request just ignore it , i m sorry not me who is sending , it is not necessary at this time since i need to send you diagrams & instruction

agree we can do phone call later if needed .

now keep in mind it is not texting so it will require more time to respond

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK, I am not sure what you are saying except that if I agree to the additional fee of $ 26 (which I don't necessarily have a problem with except that I am not sure that I am properly or accurately describing the problem).Please allow me to explain why I am thinking this....we THINK the left headlight or headlamp nozzle came loose from the plastic line that feeds the spray nozzle to the left headlamp/wiper arm. We had the plastic line 'plugged,' the reservoir refilled, started down the road and the reservoir emptied out very quickly under the car as we rode less than 1/2 of a mile. So, it leads one to believe that beside the plastic line that feeds the left headlamp nozzle, there has to be another 'outlet' to allow the reservoir to empty a second time even though the 'primary' plastic line that feeds the left headlamp wipers was capped off?Please advise as to whether I can pay the extra $ 26, call you and resolve this issue. I have no problem with the additional charge, we JUST want to know if we are addressing the correct issue or whether there is other / more information that we need to gather and convey prior to the 'root cause' being discovered / resolved.Please advise....

yes there is several connection for the spray nozzle line , you will have to follow it from reservoir to the nozzle

But you need to inspect the windshield washer reservoir first ,the reservoir is the number one reason of leaking, it will the bottle itself leaking from the bottom of it

does the reservoir in the diagram i sent you is what you have

i can call you if need be , that is no problem , , i will send you a request for it

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

this reservoir or the pump o ring or the level sensor ,

so there is several point it could be leaking not just from the spray nozzle line, actually no water will leak from nozzle if the pump is not running

we usually test it with a smoke machine thru the line in case the leak is small and not visible so smoke will show it .

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** check the diagram and model number to verify and chat or call you tomorrow. What is the best number to reach you tomorrow. Thank you for your time and effort, pls advise as to the best number to call you tomorrow....

Hey angie & doug how are you

you welcome

just reply back here on the question post and i will answer you, if you need more help on it just let me know

This Post will stay open for you to come back and ask me any follow up questions you may have on this issue even after you rate me

if you would like a phone call , just accept the $26 offer i sent you, then my phone number will appear on your screen and you can call me .

I m online from 10 am till 12 pm today and tomorrow .

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat