Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

2001 mersedes 230 slk bas-esp sign?

Customer Question

2001 mersedes 230 slk bas-esp sign?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello Ed, those warnings mean you have an issue with the traction system, the most common issue is the brake light switch, the first thing we would check is to see if the brake lights work, if they do then i want you to start the car without pressing thebrakes at all and see if the warning is present, if the warning is not present then press the brakes and see if the warning comes on. if it does we know we have a brake switch issue or a power supply issue to the brake light switch.,

also if the battery was low or disconnected recently, turn the steering wheel from lock to lock all the way left and all the way right about 3 times and see if the messages go off. let me know if this helps or not, i am here to help. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

Ed are you still needing assistance or did you get the car looked at?