Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. troubleshooting, diag. electrical, collision
2947720

It idles too fast, 1988 560sl 170, I just bought it. Will

Customer Question

It idles too fast
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 1988 560sl 170
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just bought it . Will beginning restoration. Yes I would like to do it myself.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It's had plugs,wires, distribution. Cap , fuel pump , filter , complete exhaust system , replaced recently. It doesn't accelerate like it should.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern. It involves a software update for the vehicle’s computer and has to be done by a dealer, I hate to have to say.

.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yv3vhn4jol706bi/IDLE%20SPEED%20TOO%20HIGH.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.