Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

ITS A PIECE OF JUNK i HAVE A FULL DEF tank and it still

Customer Question

iTS A PIECE OF JUNK i HAVE A FULL DEF tank and it still shows 0 starts left an does nothing. Is there any way to get it started?
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes had a problem with the DEF heater removed tank rebuilt heater and reinstalled. Tank says it is full of fluid but still have 0 starts and does nothing. It is a 2011
JA: What is the model of your '11 Mercedes?
Customer: 2500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Sprinter. I would like to haven't had much luck with Mercedes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Truck runs fine when it runs
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello, you only have 1 of 2 options,

turn the ignition from off to on 8 times quickly and see if the 0 starts resets, if not it must be towed to a mercedes dealer to have the scr system reset via scn coding. those are the only 2 options. once you hit 0 there is no turning back. sorry, Lou P.Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again , Lou P.