Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Had water pump replaced [never over heated engine ] now no

Customer Question

HI had water pump replaced [never over heated engine ] now no power slow excelleration black smoke nothing touched in fuel system car actually ran well before mechanic did repairs …EGR or MAF sensor issue ? Sending a limp home mode / Or no signal from ECU to VGT to allow vanes to increase power ?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: No smooth power up to 3500 rpm parked
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No actually a BOSCH Service Dealer for Diesel pumps Injectors in Boca Raton fl .. A local knowledgable Mercedes Repair shop doing the work no codes from engine checked twice….
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Possible IMPROV issue of high pressure pump ? dirty ? 125K on car ran perfect when brought to repair shop .Just coolant light started coming on and added coolant . Bearing on water pump gone just started leaking
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If they damaged or disconnected the engine coolant temp sensor this can cause this type of fault here as I have seen and had to correct before.If this has not been checked to see if this is the issue here this needs done.If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete