Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My son was pushing buttons on my steering wheel while in my

Customer Question

my son was pushing buttons on my steering wheel while in my lap while i was finishing a phone call for like 5 minutes.. now my car wont start and i'm getting error messages.. wth could have happened? luckily i was still in my driveway. i got 2 errors. srs malfunction... and abs + esp currently unavailable.. just checking the internet forums before i get it towed. it was in pristine working order an hour ago :(
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello, there is nothing he could have done other than kill the battery, have you tried to jump start the car yet?

this would be a huge coincidence if something failed while he was in the car, so do not take away his allowance :)

just yet.

try jump starting the car and see if it works . let me know, Lou P.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
a dead battery would produce these error messages? the key was in the on position but not started. and it was literally no more than 5 minutes at the most. just very odd to kill the battery but i can try to jump it off..

well when was the last time you changed the battery?

they will die with no signs of failure. or else i would not suggest this. let me know if it will work

make sure that the car you are jumping it from is NOT running! and also connect the positive first and the negative last. very very important.

did the jumpstart help?

Michelle have you had any luck ? Please let me know if you still need help or not. Lou P.