Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My right side rear is lowered on my 2004 e500..how can i

Customer Question

My right side rear is lowered on my 2004 e500..how can i diagnose suspension
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: No fluid..i recently got a fronend alignment and ball joint replaced
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Havent tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Thats it
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you.I am looking over your info now and will reply back soon with some info , thanks!

ok, if the right rear lowered then the air bag for the right rear has failed. the airbag itself has the valve on it that will allow air into and out of the airbag. there is only one pressure supply to the rear end and then there is a T fitting that allows the same pressure to go to the left and right rear airbags where the valves will allow the air to enter or exit the bag . this is a common failure. the rear airbags will need replaced. i suggest both because they will both have the same mileage and age and also they both take the same amount of time to replace once the rear end is lowered (rear frame) . hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again , Lou P.