Hipo64
Hipo64, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Work and diagnose electronics on daily basis.
41577536

P2009, p0031, p0037, p0057, p2257 FUSE 54 and keeps blowing

Customer Question

P2009, p0031, p0037, p0057, p2257 FUSE 54 blown and keeps blowing
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually when a fuse shorts out like this here this indicates that either the wire feed that comes from this fuse to what it feeds is shorting out to ground and needs repaired (and the wire would need inspected ) or that one of the components the fuse feeds has a short internally and is causing this here.If you can tell me which fuse panel this fuse is located in as well as the amperage for this fuse I can look up the fuse info to see what we can come up with here just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pete,This answer is not what I was lookig for. Yes when a fuse blows it’s a short in the line. Fuse 54 can only be found in the engine compartment fuse box. My question is what does that feed? Can you tell me all the components that are powered by fuse 54. It seems you have already charged my credit card for a non answer, an answer that has not helped me one iota. You have also no addressed the error codes either. Let’s get a little more in-depth as to what fuse 54 powers.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I should also add that I’m a little more than a shade tree mechanic but do to physical problems at the moment I can’t crawl under my LIFT to inspect every single wire. Please help me track down which wires we need to be looking at? O2 heater? O2 relay? What are the things that are directly powered by FUSE 54
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Also I would think a Mercedes Mechanic would know that there is only 1 fuse 54. There won’t be another fuse 54 to be found anywhere else but the block under the hood on the drivers side. Since I don’t have a wiring diagram I have looked to you for help. It’s a 15 amp fuse so that tells me it powers something along the lines of an O2 heater, secondary air pump or other moderate amperage component. It could also feed a relay but it seems a bit of overkill to feed a trip wire at 15amps to a relay. Again, I need all the components fuse 54 powers and perhaps a color scheme as well i.e. Purple/white trace etc.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Let me take a look at this circuit real quick and I will post back here shortly.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

O.k.,my diagrams are not complete on this model here for this circuit.I apologize for that.I saw you had not received a response and wanted to try and help with what I could on this here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I’m sure there is a diagram for this model somewhere. It’s exactly that same for the 2006-2007 c230 sport. Based on prior reviews I had high hopes and that’s why I paid. Please don’t let me down.
Expert:  Hipo64 replied 3 months ago.

Hi Do you still need help with this problem?

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 3 months ago.

That fuse is supplying power to :- Purge Control Valve, Engine Cooling Fan, thermostat. Intake Manifold tumble flap, intake manifold switchover valve. Power steering regulator valve, Heating system shutoff valve and 02 sensors heaters.

Problem is most likely one of 02 sensors heater or water shutoff valve. disconnect them one by one untill short is gone.

Regards Pavlin! let me know if you need more info

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete! Exactly what I was seeking. Hard to go hunting in the dark without a light. This may be the light I need! I will check it out...just had surgery a week ago, so it may be a few days. Thanks man, this is what I paid for!
Expert:  Hipo64 replied 3 months ago.

Hi, it is not Pete.

My name is Pavlin,

Pete has opted out

Regards

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My bad Pailin, please accept my apologizes.
Expert:  Hipo64 replied 3 months ago.

Apologies accepted, no worries. just keep in touch so we can find the problem.

Best Regards

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK. It wasn't the oxygen heaters. Disconnected each one and fuse still kept blowing. I've been reading that it could be the secondary air injection pump, vac soleniod or tumble flap actuator. Can you confirm. Sorry for the delay, had to have double hernia surgery and didn't feel like crawling around a car for a month.