Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

My Radio in my C 250 just stopped working, It came with the

Customer Question

My Radio in my C 250 just stopped working
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: It came with the car
JA: What year is your C?
Customer: 2012
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I Checked the fuses
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It was working fine and when I came out of the store and turned the ignition on it would not come back on
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
need an answer now
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

There is a technical service bulletin on this fault here from Mercedes,bulletin number LI82.85-P-055695.I will post the info below.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

The fault is the software in the command/radio itself.A dealer has to reset the radio by disconnecting power to it (removing fuse,etc.) then perform the software update.Once this is done this corrects this issue here.In some cases the bulletin also states that after the software update if it still does not operate then the radio/command unit will need replaced.

This is a common issue and in most all cases the software update corrects this here.A dealer will charge anywhere between a half hour and an hour to do this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete