FIXITMAN, Master Technician

It will not start. We have a 2007 Mercedes GL 450. Battery

Customer Question

It will not start. We have a 2007 Mercedes GL 450. Battery was replaced last year so that is not it.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: I popped the hood - I have no clue where the battery is.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm just trying to get my car started so we can drive 8 hours to Massachusetts for vacation. Just spent almost $6k in the shop on maintenance so I am frustrated as he** right now.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It won't crank. My wife tried shaking the steering wheel. We can't tell if the car was put in park when she turned off the car this morning.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Both the battery & auxiliary battery were replaced a year ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We've also tried shutting the car off, locking it & leaving it for a couple minutes. When I've gone to try to restart again, the lights on the dash come on & I can see it says it is in Park. I try to crank but the key won't move to the right.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** can be caused by a few things. Most of the time this is caused by a key issue. I would try another key if you have one. If that does not help then you will need to try jumping the car. Even though the batteries are new there may be an issue with a battery draw which caused it to get low. It can also be caused by a defective ignition switch. I would definitely try a second key first if you have one. If you need more help please let me know.