rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My C207 is 4 years old and recently it developed a no start

Customer Question

My C207 is 4 years old and recently it developed a no start / a successful start but dies after the car has been driven. The car will start with no problems when cold. I have changed the fuel pump and the ECU as per STAR diagnostics recommendation. But Mercedes reported that the problem still exists. They are now checking the ignition timing? can you help me with this problem?
The car had a minor rear end a few months ago, car was sent for body works and had to be jump started upon picking it up and a new battery replaced.
Mark
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you
today.
Before we get started though, Please understand that I don't know
your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that
I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does NOT replace a
repair shop.
My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for
my time. Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you
didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

I would be running some different tests on your system, such as fuel pressure hot and cold engine, spark at the plugs hot and cold engine. attach a scan tool and look at data such as fuel trims hot and cold engine and EVAP controls of the purge solenoid especially. I need to know if you have a check engine light on too.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nope I do not have technical skills but I do google my car's problem to understand it better. The car showed low fuel pressure hence the fuel pump was renewed but the car started and died after a short trip. The next diagnosis was an ecu fault hence the change but the car still would not start/ would start but immediately died after a drive. Cold starts are ok. No there are no check engine light on the dashboard
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Great, then this leaves us with the additional testing to get to our final results. I would also want to see MODE 6 data via the scan tool because of the recorded data it provides. I also would like to check the security system for proper operation including keys and key reader. Another smart thing your tech can do is attach a flight recorder to your DLC connector and read the data it recorded in the past 24 hours of driving which includes each drive cycle. VERY important testing for problems like your.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars and keep this link for when you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will only be able to ask him these questions after the weekend. And I will update u on the mode 6 data. Can he get this info from the STAR diagnostics? About the flight recorder I'm not sure if he can get that done.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Okay, and YES, he has the right equipment to approach these tests. Flight recorders are NOT expensive, about $50.00 on Amazon for an OTC 3005 infologger. Most shops have 3 or 4 of these tools or alike.

Thanks again,