MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

I retrofitted a comand to my 2010 C350 mercedes, but am

Customer Question

Hi, I retrofitted a comand to my 2010 C350 mercedes, but am stuck with the wiring of the axial blower. Do you have a diagram or indications to help me?
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: No, I don´t
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Actually, I have a mechanic working on it, and I have investigated on different websites, but I can´t find a definate solution on how it is powered
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: If I need a special cable that goes from the blower to the radio, and I think it should go as well to the fuse box?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you.I am looking over your info now and will reply back soon with some info , thanks!

ok, if you can send me the following and give me time to get you the info (today of course)

1. i need your vin number
  2. i need pictures of the back of the new radio as well as the part number of the new radio
  3. any pictures you can give me of the current wiring harness on your car

i should have no problem gettin you the schematics. i am not worried about that, its finding the correct connectors that can be an issue and making sure the right power and grounds are going to the right pins or you will damage the new radio.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks Lou,
My vin # WDDGF5GB1AA360610
I beleive radio part number is ***** but I will try to get you the part number and photos, as I am not doing the install myself (I know it is a w204 ntg4.0 navigation comand with dvd changer USA edition). The new comand was installed by my cousin and it is working fine, but he didn't install the axial blower, and now a mechanic is doing this install for me.
I have a harness cable that came with a install kit I bought from (, part number A2045409706, and have disassembled it (picture attached), I believe the white connector goes to the fan, the black connector goes to the back of the radio, and the brown connector to the CAN bus? But am not sure if that would be it, or if the other parts of the harness are needed (there is another connector that goes to the back of the screen, but the screen and radio are working fine, so don't know if it is necessary to change that cable).
Also, should there be a small hole where the blower needs to be screwed on?, as the mechanic doesn't find the exact location where it goes attached.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll send the pictures you have ask for, as soon as the mechanic sends them to me.

so far so good, show me pictures of the faces of the connections as well. also a good shot of the wiring colors.

see i have the ability to see the connections as well, so i can see exactly where they go by the shape and also colors of the wiring.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Lou, sorry for taking so long to send the photos. Attached please find several pictures the mechanic sent me, please let me know if they are ok.

ok thanks let me see what we can do here.