Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

I can't talk right now, because I am on my way to work. But

Customer Question

I can't talk right now, because I am on my way to work. But I am looking for someone who can speak the language of my car. MY SPECIFIC CAR AND ENGINE. Someone who is very familiar with the make, year, model of car and engine. I have had it apart and invested $10,000 and it will not run properly. It is a 1987 Mercedes 300TD with a om603 engine. I have replaced the cracked head with a 22. I have rebuilt the injectors and replaced the nozzles with Monark. I have checked the cam timing and the injector timing. It seems as if it is running on less than 6 cylinders. It shakes at idle. (About 550 rpm) It will go 60mph, but when I push on the go pedal, nothing happens until it downshifts, which is the only way it will climb any hill. It took a long time to bleed the air out on initial startup. The hard lines are noisy. The vacuum line from the waste gate was never attached to anything, and I don't know where it goes. When I had it apart, the flapper operates freely in the exhaust. Is there anyone who knows these engines?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

IN some cases it may be difficult to locate someone with the knowledge of this model here to help diagnose and repair these issues.If you can tell me your location I may be able to locate someone or a repair facility in your area that may be able to help on this.If this is not an option and you want to wait and see if anyone else here can assist more let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete