Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My AC has a moldy smell when I first turn it on. It goes

Customer Question

My AC has a moldy smell when I first turn it on. It goes away after about 30 seconds. Water sometimes drips from the drain tubes, and when I run the heat at full blast water pours out of the drain tubes. Thoughts?
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: It's not a leak, it's a moldy smell in the ac. Was describing the water from the drain tubes because it doesn't appear they are clogged.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2013 C350
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes hoping to. Only thing done so far is a lysol spray through the intake vents. No effect.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: can't think of anything
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

HI,

Ok, the first step is to replace the cabin climate control air filter located underneath the passenger side of the dash - see attached directions

Factory part number is(###) ###-####- most parts stores can cross reference this number to the brand they carry.

If the smell continues, then the evaporator would need to be cleaned of mildew and mold. There is a professional cleaning product for this and would need a shop to perform it as you can damage the evaporator if not careful.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

At this time unless you have a further question on this, please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so.Thank you.