Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

Looking for the temp sensor cooling fan starts running as

Customer Question

looking for the temp sensor cooling fan starts running as soon as you turn car on and stays running but the car not even hot yet
JA: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.
Customer: don,t know where sensor located
JA: What year is your Tempo?
Customer: is 2007 c280 4matic MB
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES order thermo housing unit still hasn,t arrived besides that nothing else
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not really
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello, the issue will not be a temp sensor,. its most likely a failed engine control unit. the engine control unit is what activates the fan, in order to test we need to verify if the module is actually activating the fan. do you have a multimeter and know how to electrical test?

but to answer your question the temp sensor is on the back of the cylinder head on the drivers side of the engine.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you.