Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 1993 400e mercdes benz it has no spark or fuel when

Customer Question

I have a 1993 400e mercdes benz it has no spark or fuel when the engine is cranked over over it has gas in the tank with the valve stem on fuel line is open
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
O K my phone # is(###) ###-####or Mack
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will go and look for info on e mail or speek to a mechanic to morrow Thanks Mack
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

hello

If there's no spark then check that there's power to the coil pack (at the other end of the plug lead) using a meter. If there’s 12V at the pack but no spark then check the ECU power supply (fuse and relay) and also the connections to the crankshaft speed sensor.

if the injectors aren't clicking either but there's ECU power then I'd next replace the crank speed sensor

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
HI Matt i am not at the car but i need info are a print out of location of [ ECU fuse &relay] can i get a wiring diagram of position off coil pack i will be at my shop later can i get a ph #
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

Hello

there should be a collection of boxes at the back of the engine bay

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
O K the info i received was of no use i need to get info on where the conpputer is on this 400E 93 cannot locate which parts in the box to check if you know that can help. if not then i will need to tack car a dealer mack
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

OK if the information wasn't of use then I'll opt out to open this up to others who can help further

good luck

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello Mack, different tech here, Lou P, are you still wanting to fix this yourself?

let me know we can do a few tests and i can direct you to the proper sensors and modules. thanks, Lou.