MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Eurotec need help with 00 MB c280 with no crank no start

Customer Question

Hello eurotec need help with 00 MB c280 with no crank no start problem. Thank you
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set with this issue here?

Has anything been checked/tested or replaced to try and locate or repair this fault here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Hi Pete, well I can't read anything scanner is not reading like there is no power to dlc I have check fuses on thru k next to battery and the ones under hood on left side by strut tower, everything lights up when you open the ignition switch but no crank, also security like turns off when key is in ignition thank you

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Do you hear any clicking noises in the dash or under the hood when trying to crank it over?

Let me know so we can continue from here,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

No clicking noise

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

If you open the hood do you have a diagnostic connector like this here in the image below?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q85turyt034ix51/dlc-08-10.jpg?dl=0

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Yes you mean the round one right? The mb oem?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Yes I have to go get my connector for that I have it I will be back with that got it on different place sorry didn't though I would need that lol

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

No problem.Let me know if you have any codes set once you read them out through this connection,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Hello Pete I got a bunch of codes from several.modules, wich ones do you need me to read for you, thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Hello just wanted to know if got my last answer, thank you