Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

Loss of power, 2004 g270, Just came from the mechanic, I

Customer Question

Loss of power
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2004 g270
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just came from the mechanic
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I know it's related to the exhaust manifold
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 56000 miles
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will be waiting for an answer since i already paid
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is an issue with a loss of power to the engine and you suspect the exhaust is the cause you will need to have an exhaust back pressure test done to see if there is a restricted exhaust component needing replaced.This can be common for a loss of power like this here.If this was already tested and found to be o.k. I would have the fuel system tested for any issues as I have seen a restricted fuel filter as well as weak fuel pump cause this needing replaced as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete