Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Can you help?

Customer Question

Hello, can you help?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
this website is not helping in going back to pay, then loosing chat, etc.
1.) GL450 2008
2.) Was a water spill in passenger rear floorboard today
3.) I saw a page on this site that described very similar
Initially, I had battery light and other lights on dash, and the exterior front passenger light was no.. not low high beam, another one.
After hour, issues on dash cleared up went home and assumed was ok.
6 hours later, maybe 8hrs and I walked into garage to see light on... all this time.Your link mentioned water and is likely related.
a.) floor is damp
b.) no sign of water or moisture on battery or surrounding areaYour online, similar issue and answer says leave car on 2 hrs with heater, etc.
At end says also SAM is there, probably got wet, but did not indicate what to do with SAM, if anything.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is the article I saw from you
http://www.justanswer.com/mercedes/4hxq1-2008-gl450-left-front-running-light-right-front-anyone-tell.html
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you.I am looking over your info now and will reply back soon with some info , thanks!

ok the issue you will have is that water got inside of the "FRONT SAM" control unit that is mounted right under and slightly to the right of the vent under the passenger seat. that is also where the battery is located at. you will have to remove this module and dry it out and use some QD electronics cleaner made by CRC and can be purchased at any autozone or parts store, i did check out the link you sent and that method will not work, you cannot dry this out that simple. are you the type to fix yourself?