MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

The soft top of my car is current up, I want to manually put

Customer Question

good morning, the soft top of my car is current up, I want to manually put the top down, can you help?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I should add, that the operators manual section says, "opening/closing in an emergency', however it only addresses the procedure for raising the top, thus to put the top down, it is necessary to interperalate the steps necessary, about the storage compartment hinges, the levels work very easy to move from both positions as stated in number 6, the levels are soft plastic and if forced apart they will break, not wanting to break them, we decieded to skip the pull-apart step, I rotated the levels forward to the detent positon, put the straps on, closed the truck lid, then as stated with a strong simultaneous tug on the loops we pulled, the soft top compartment cover popped up 3/8 of an inch, not knowing what to do next we quite and drink beer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
here is my vin number:
WDBTK56F3 7T081275
my goal is to get the soft top down manually and into the storage compartment. Do not want to deal with the automatic function of the top at this time, thank you
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello Steve, may i ask what is wrong with the car that you want to open it manually??