Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I just purchased the car and have 3 issues. first, rear

Customer Question

hi, i just purchased the car and have 3 issues. first, rear driver side passenger window wont go down. no noise or anything. also, attempting to set massage seats and i set the numbers but nothing happens... for example, i select pulse mode 4 and a second or 2 later, it returns to zero with no massage. does it not have massaging seats or what? finallly, i select rear sunshade up/down and i dont hear anything happening, but it registers on the comand monitor. please advise. thanks. mbz amg cl63 2008.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Ok so first for the Windows. With the key fob pointed at the drivers door handle , press and hold the unlock button. After a few seconds the Windows and sun roof should open. That is the quickest way to tell if it is a door control module or window motor issue. Next for the massage , you do have the massage setting. If that is what it keeps doing then the air bladder has a leak and the system has locked the operation out. You will have to have the backrest air bladder replaced. As for the sunshade the motor is bad. This was very common failure. You can try hitting the top of the inside of the trunk area where the motor mounts to , see if you can jar it loose. It may work again for a short time. But most likely the sunshade motor is faulty.
Hope this information helps. Let me know the results of the window test. I will be on and off all day today so I will try and respond asap when I see you reply. Hope this information helps. Lou P.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
for example, if nothing happens when u do that with the fob, for any of the windows or sunroof, but the sunroof and all the other windows work just fine, which of those could be the problem? thanks
That is kinda a back door trick way of testing the motor. It will take the window switched out of the equation and the communication system in a sense. So that is always the first thing I do to see if the motor will function. If it does not then the next thing is to check the fuse for the door control module or the read end module (if fitted) and then after that it's to remove the door panel and test the motor for power and ground when activating. I don't have the info in front of me but can get it to you later.
Window switches I meant to type. In the 2nd sentence.