Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

My 2014 E350 has a radio that the sound will go very low or

Customer Question

my 2014 E350 has a radio that the sound will go very low or to static when the engine turns off at a stoplight, due to the economy turned on. If ECO is not turned on, most of the time the radio if good.
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: No, just took it to the MBZ dealer and they advised they could not duplicate the problem. I have not picked it up from the dealer yet. Any suggestions?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is under warranty and want the dealer to fix.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this may be due to a fault with the command/radio itself on the dash.I have seen some of these fail/act up before needing replaced for this issue here.In allot of cases I have had to ask my customers if I could hold onto their vehicle for a few days to operate it off and on to duplicate the fault so I could then diagnose and correct the issue,this sounds like what needs done here on your model.You can also try and contact Mercedes customer support to see if they can push along the diagnosis and repair with the dealer as they can sometimes do.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete