sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 1995 s500 revs and dies and revs and dies when it just

Customer Question

my 1995 s500 revs and dies and revs and dies when it just warms up. after a few minutes it clears out and runs just fine. The transmission upshift delay feature takes a long time to clear out as well. again after 10 minutes or so the car runs great. Any Ideas?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If these problems started at about the same time then the first thing I would suspect is an inaccurate coolant temperature sensor. If the coolant sensor is reporting an incorrectly cold temperature then it will cause the engine to run rich and poorly, and it can cause the trans issue you're describing.

Do you have a scan tool to monitor data?