Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

I have a 2001 clk320 didn't drive it or start it for a

Customer Question

hi, I have a 2001 clk320 didn't drive it or start it for a couple of months and now the keybob wont open the door and when I manually opened it the alarm goes off for a minute then stops. the key bob wont turn to start the car. I replaced the car battery and key bob batteries with the same results.
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: haven't tried to turn the wheel and the key worked fine before and looks ok
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, just replaced the batteries so far
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the alarm goes off every time I open the door even if it is unlocked and the lights flash for no reason in the front and back for a minute or two and it makes a clicking sound inside the car like a relay or something and small light on the headlight switch flashes along with the towing light on the dashboard
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the power seat controller works, the flasher button, the radio and the interior lights but not the horn or the power door locks or power windows. The keybob will not open or lock the doors, and the panic button and truck buttons don't work. the key bob does show a red flash when trying to lock or unlock the doors but not the trunk.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have seen issues with the electronic ignition switch or a SAM control unit/ecu fail and cause this issue here needing replaced.What will have to be done from here unfortunately is to have the fault codes checked using either a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model or dealers sds machine to see what codes are set in all computers.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete