Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have an electrical problem with a 2016 E400 convertible

Customer Question

I have an electrical problem with a 2016 E400 convertible that was involved in an accident: "43D100 - The ground connection of component N30/4 (Electronic Stability Program control unit) is not OK". Also "463000 - The control unit is defective."
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

here is a picture of the esp control unit, i will locate the ground as well for you.

Here is the ground, hope this helps. let me know if you need more info i will do what i can to help, Lou P. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** checked the ground connection and it seems OK. Do you have an electric diagram for this particular car model (e400 convertible) ?

yes and no, our diagrams are broken up into functions and modules, so there are literally hundreds of different diagrams. the code that states the module is defective is proof the module needs replaced. the computer is smarter then us sometimes lol.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When the problem occurred, it was not only this module that displayed alerts but others as well: SOS inoperative, Lane keeping assist, SRS malfunction and sometimes Power Steering. I suspect an electrical problem affecting all these modules. What is your opinion ?

well all the modules work together so when something like the traction module has an issue then yes you can see all kinds of faults from other systems. so you can have 1 module having an issue but 7 different warning lights on the dash if this makes sense. what kind of scan tool do you have?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's what garages have; it looks like a military laptop. I have several pictures of the error messages.

ok autel is pretty good, not sure why its saying to see service manual, must be older software.

a lot of my customers buy from

www.mbstarshops.com

and ebay for icarsoft scanners.

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 3 months ago.

Did you make any headway ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Greetings,I ordered the module and will receive it on Monday. I'll let you know as soon as I replace it.
Ok let me know. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Greetings Lou, just got back from the garage, after replacing the module, nothing changed, still getting the same errors... any ideas ?

Remind me in the morning we will go over it again.

ok so what exact fault codes are you getting?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Under "stored and current" I get the following: 43D100, 457300, 43E100, 43F100, 457100, 458100, 463100 and 43F200.
Is there a reference available on the Net for Mercedes error codes ?

i have a way i an access these codes to see what they mean i am researching now.

43D100 The ground connection of component 'N30/4 (Electronic Stability Program control unit)' is not OK

well that is the only code i can find in 1 section, let me try one more thing.

i do not have access to the other codes. i will opt out.