Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

Convertible top does not function. When attempting to lower,

Customer Question

Convertible top does not function. When attempting to lower, the dash screen states that trunk partition is open. I have ensured that the basket in the trunk is lowered however, once the portion of the trunk that rises to receive the top opens, the lowering process stops. Myvehicle is a 2008 CLK. Thanx, Ken Mills
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello Ken. You need to check the shocks that put pressure on the partition. Usually they fail and allow the partition to move a little just enough to release the switch. That is the most common issue and the first place I would start. You can check this by pulling the partition closed and then gently tap on it to see if it swings back toward the raised position. You can even hear the slight click of the switch indicating the partition is not fully seated. Let me know if this helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need more details. Where do I find the shocks? Where is the switch? Unable to pull the partition closed.
Ok the shocks snap on to the left and right sides of the partition. They are the same style as the shocks that are on the trunk lid. The switch is attached to one of the sides that the corners of the partition snaps into or tests against rather on the left and right sides of the paneling.