Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

The CD plays for a minute and then stops. 2008 S550. Before

Customer Question

The CD plays for a minute and then stops. 2008 S550.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Before sending it to the dealer, which I think will pull it and send it off and cost me, I wanted if there checks that I can do first.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Yes, but it may not be connected. The blue tooth phone shuts off during a call, which I think is caused by the blue tooth that I replace from online. the first/original was not for the latest model phones.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If it is working then stops then this isnt an issue with a lack of power or ground to the radio or cd changer/player assembly and this is an internal fault with it.In most cases a dealer wont send it off for repair but instead advise on replacing it.You can check online to see if you can locate a facility that can repair it for you but in most cases it will need replaced unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete