MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

Trunk will not latch on my 2008 cls550 just bought it I was

Customer Question

trunk will not latch on my 2008 cls550 just bought it I was closing it manually before realizing it closes automatically it goes up and down automatically but wont latch did I blow a fuse or warp the latch by closing it manually it did latch when I closed it manually then it stopped is there a separate fuse for the latching mechanism help
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: can't answer that fuse panel is confusing cant tell which fuse is for which thing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried to identify correct fuse, couldn't pushed spring loaded thing that is supposed to encircle the bar that is attached to the body with a screwdriver and it goes up and springs back as it should. Should that stay up when I push it up with the screw driver
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: can't think of anything else other than that I might have caused something to burn out by shutting it manually could something need to be reset
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** the trunk latch but not pull down tight or is it not latching at all?