Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

I jus recently purchase a 2008 e class with 107000 miles i

Customer Question

I jus recently purchase a 2008 e class with 107000 miles i been informed the i have a broken intake flap and problem with transmission control module indicates relay for air pump i priced some parts on line which does not seem pricely but should i consider keeping the car for these items that need to be repaired.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 107k yes the car starts normal
JA: What is the model of your '08 Mercedes?
Customer: E class 350
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No i cant do the repair work will have to have a mechanic to do the work .. i purchase it from a wholesalers dealer who stated they would repair the transmission module i am jus wondering if i should keep the vehicle or try to trade it for something else
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Yes the cd player is stuck and the rear screen does not go down and issues wit the driver door lock
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** you have had the car inspected and these are the only problems noted it may be worthwhile to repair the car. The transmission module replacement is the most expensive repair on your list. If the wholesaler said he would replace the module it certainly helps in the decision to keep the car. A 2008 E350 is a very nice car overall. If you like the car and don't mind spending a little to fix it up I would keep it.

Let me know if you have any questions.