sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a 2008 gl320cdi. The airmatic is giving malfunction

Customer Question

I have a 2008 gl320cdi. The airmatic is giving malfunction code and the rear suspension is not airing up. Compressor is making terrible noise when srarting the vehicle.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The warning is being displayed because the module that controls the system has seen a failure in a component and set a fault code. With what you've described, odds are it's attempting to raise the suspension but is unable.

It's tough to say what the noise is you're hearing but if the compressor sounds abnormal then most likely it has either failed or it's running with no load because of a large leak. The best thing to do would be to visually check the components for physical damage and leaks. If nothing can be found visually then the next step would be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting and testing can be done from there.