Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

I own a 2013 mercedes benz i am at a red light stopped and

Customer Question

i own a 2013 mercedes benz i am at a red light stopped and the breaks are frozen i cant accelerate and the brake does not work either i have to put the car in park and then in drive again to get it to move
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the car seems to drive fine except for the brake issue and it does not happen all the time
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The most common cause in allot of cases with the brakes either not engaging or staying engaged is a fault with the brake master cylinder itself or the anti lock brake hydraulic unit.Both of these can fail/act up and cause issues like this here needing replaced.The brake system will need tested further to locate which is the cause here and from there repaired to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete