Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Can the transmission shift points on 2010 S550 be changed?

Customer Question

Can the transmission shift points on 2010 S550 be changed? If the car is operating at highway speeds and then wide open throttle is applied, transmission seems to shift all the way back to first gear instead of dropping down 1 or 2 speeds, which would be much better.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.

Hello, the transmission shift points are predefined for the most part, the only thing you can do to change it is to change the mode if you have the C/S button on the left side of the center console, when it is in C you are in comfort mode and it will shift differently then when you are in S for sport mode. other than that there is no way to change the shift points, i am sorry , hope this helps, Lou P.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.