Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Transmission codes on Mercedes-Benz ML430. How to clear?

Customer Question

Just picked up ML430, Idiots who sold it to me realized it needed a new battery, they put a 600 CCA battery in that had very poor connection on the positive side. It damaged the gauge cluster and all the lights on the dash would stay on even with the key off so would the check engine port. So they removed fuse #13, I replaced the battery with the right size battery replaced the #13 fuse and the odometer was still staying lit up after keys removed from ignition. I removed #13 fuse again and it drove fine for a couple days. Now it wont shift out of second gear, reverse and park work just fine it drives fine but wont shift. What do you think is the likely cause. I ordered a used gauge cluster that will arrive in a few days.I feel like a low voltage signal was sent at some point yesterday and that put it into limp mode. Can I clear the transmission codes some way without a scanner.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How can I clear the transmission code that is stored? I do not have access to a MB star diagnostic tool
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 4 months ago.

Hello, there is no way to clear trans codes without a scan tool. you can purchase a good scanner cheap from ebay., i recommend to all my clients,

icarsoft is the brand, here is a link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCEDES-BENZ-SPRINTER-Diagnostic-Scanner-Tool-SRS-ABS-ENGINE-iCarsoft-MBII-i980-/171917830941?hash=item280719eb1d:g:mEAAAOSwhcJWIJUO

once you get the scan tool, you can get the codes and i can help you determine the cause , the point of having a loose battery connection does not jive with a dash issue. something may have gotten hooked up backwards or shorted or water issues. that makes more sense. let me know what you intend on doing. i will help get you fixed up.