Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

CLK320 2004 Driver Side Headlight won't work on bright or

Customer Question

CLK320 2004 Driver Side Headlight won't work on bright or dim? I bought it as a salvaged car, that had been hit on the drivers side, when I got it back from the body shop, everything worked fine, I hit a bump in the road, and the drivers side headlight went out. I have replaced the bulbs, up graded to to the best quality of bulbs. Still no driver's side lights. and now if I hit a bump, the passenger side blinks off, and has stayed off for a couple of minutes while driving. But will eventually come back on. Any ideas of what I need to do?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello, any time that a physical jolt can get a light to work and not work tells me the connection is loose, either at the main headlight connector or the power pin of the connector or at the ground wiring. so we need to check those.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Already done that. No lose connection. The Drivers side want come on at all now.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Neither does the radio, didn't know if there was some type of electrical box or ecm, that could control both of these?
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

ok the left front sam control unit that is attached to the fuse box is the one that activates the lights, so sorry for my delay. i will be on more tonight and in the am.